Holly Collins | COMS Portfolio
1. I’ve been following your blog and see that you are busy on a daily basis with a lot of legislation efforts – can you tell me the ones that are most important to you and the people of fairfax?
“The foreclosure reform bills are probably the highest profile and most important.”
2. What are your top three goals this session?
“Stay in touch with my constituents. Listen to both sides before every contested vote. Exercise every day.”
3. Is there one bill, in particular, that is most important to you?
“SB 832 (green buildings), SB 837 (foreclosure fraud), and SB 843 (above ground storage tank regulation)
The first two deal with statewide issues which I’ve been focused on. The latter deals with a local issue of importance.”
4. What do you believe your biggest accomplishment has been so far in the session?
“Still waiting for it. Honestly, I don’t focus on my own accomplishments. I focus on what are we doing as a team. Does it makes sense? Are we helping people? Are we creating new problems?”
5. Is there anything you’d like to add?
“I love being in the state legislature. Representing my own community is a great honor and I never take it for granted.”